Lain's Log

Mum's birthday

August 27/11.

Mum would have been 84 today. Sigh.

I'll be missing her more than ever.

Yesterday, for the first time in three months, my get-up-and-go, got-up-and-went.

Due to circumstances way beyond my control, the ever-present Intensity Entity, perpetually-charged force that lives within me, took a hike or went on strike or deserted me. After raging out of control all morning, I.E. suddenly decided to vacate the premises, leaving me stranded, energyless, without battery power, without warning. I even fell asleep on the bedroom couch halfway between doing my hair and makeup. This has never happened in my life. By the time I woke up, an hour later, I didn't even have the strength to go grocery shopping, visit Kevan, or run around like a mad fiend, the way I usually do.

I like to think I'm super woman, with an unlimited supply of electricity, but every once in a while, I.E. likes to remind me I'm human without him/it?, pushes me over the edge, leaves me lying in a crumpled heap, unable to move, ready to crash & burn.

It was even tough to take a stroll down to Withrow Park with Max, (where he snapped a couple of park bench pics),

just to prove I went outside!

As for what happened to the energy flow, I think it got blocked or zapped for a day because I've been overextending myself, revving a bit too hard, coupled with hormones and extreme emotion. There are people I want to see, but it's impossible, and I miss them more than words can say. That makes me sad and sometimes exhausts my body, brain and soul. As Uncle Ev would tell me, (if he was here), "What can you DO about it? Nothing." If there WAS something I could do about it, I would! But there's not.

So, took a few deep breaths and headed off to Shoppers for some much-needed items. You know, important stuff, like hair colour.


Also spoke to Carrie on the phone who made me feel better about Mum's birthday.


Carrie will spend tonight performing in the BlackCreek Festival chorus at the Rexall Centre, doing Beethoven's Ninth symphony (Ode to Joy) in German! Carrie says the final movement is "a glorious, dynamic and surprising choral blast-fest," and she feels lucky to be able to do it in celebration of Mum on her special day.


The 80-voice chorus will be accompanied by the London Symphony Orchestra, (in its first classical concert in Toronto in 30 years), conducted by the famed Lorin Maazel.

Conductor Lorin Maazel

Showtime - 8 p.m.
Nice tribute to Mum!!



Happy birthday. We're thinking of you today, remembering all the good times - (even when we went to Shoppers Drug Mart TOGETHER!!) Will love you always.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home