Double Trouble - Lock & Load - Ring & Road
- September 19/16.
blow up REAL good!! - Yeahhh!
(Thanks a LOT Billy Sol Hurok and Big Jim McBob)! - NOT.
I'm talkin' - rockin'!!!!!!
- Hiding beneath that "prettied-up" pic, - a powerful, powder keg, awaiting spontaneous combustion. - SIGNPOST up ahead. - WELCOME to our portrait of a woman, teetering on the edge, - heading straight into "The Twilight Zone."
There's a divine, celestial force, somewhere out there. - I engage daily in CONVERSATIONAL prayer with this - being? - Despite deep faith - of ANY nature, no one knows, exactly for certain what might await us in an afterlife. They can't TELL - or EXPLAIN it to us.
But on the flip side, - we will ALL find out.
- Another belief? - (also hugely important), - loyalty to never-ending,
deep-rooted friendships, - like THIS one, -- (here with Joanne and Franelle - in our teens, at the Toronto bus terminal, heading out with them for my FIRST trip to L.A.), - and GOLDEN, glowing, meaningful relationships!
- First time since my lease began, and only ONE MONTH till that lease was set to expire for a NEW vehicle! - (Naturally!)
when my husband, Sam, kindly offered to drive me to the long-booked appointment,
& advised I visit my Subaru dealership ASAP to check power so I don't cack out on the road again. - Followed instructions - & told, "All is well",
- then off on my merry way - for MORE mishaps! - (What ELSE?)
my wedding ring had disappeared from my finger! – First time in 32 years. – (Is someone trying to TELL me something?) - Ha!
And - NO - all these sparklers are NOT my wedding ring. - (what can I say? - I love rings!) - But can't believe I don't have a close-up PHOTO of it! - You can see it here though - the two gold bands. (the engagement ring is turned around, so the diamond isn't visible).
Just call me Cool Hand Luke. - (Sometimes, when in a cool environment, - fingers shrink – or in a warm one, they expand). - The A/C - (someplace-or-other), caused my fingers to shrink, and the delicate, simple, polished gold wedding band fell off. - I didn’t notice right away.
This isn't the actual band, but looks like it.
- Despite ALL methods to locate it, - the ring is officially now a goner. No stone left unturned. (lousy joke).
- But never the same ring. All steps retraced. Contact number given to any places I stopped. - I’m SURE, (because it was so loose, and likely dropped on to a carpeted area), I didn’t hear the “clink.” - Or possibly it fell down a drain while washing my hands, when the water was running, masking the sound. I don't know.
- Had to give up the search.
So...heading on home. - AGAIN.
- (Friday afternoon rush-hour traffic), just before 5 p.m., - my passenger side front tire suddenly blowed out...er...blowed UP - NO!!!!!!!!!!!
- (right guys, Big Jim & Billy)....
PLEASE...I GET it....I KNOW...I KNOW already..."REALLLL GOOD"!
WTF??????? - Never happened before!
NOWHERE to stop.
MY side? - Two lanes closed down to one. – Opposite traffic, - ALSO two lanes down to one, with nothing but red construction cones entirely through the centre. - My car - YIKES! -
bouncing like the Fred Flintstone contraption!
- Massive line of traffic behind me. Four way flashers on, but everyone honking! – At long last, spotted a driveway. - Pulled into it. - Phew.
It was The Mississauga Surgery and Laser Clinic!
but the place was closed for the weekend). - Forced to call CAA.
"THAT dizzy blonde again"??
YESSSSS! - AGAIN!!! – Getting ridiculous. - You can't make this shit up!
(2nd of my four-time free assistant requests).
yanked out this spare, - (in much better condition than my blowed-up-real-good tire, as you can clearly see),
A couple of days later, - on my way to another appointment. - About a km. away from my destination, a stoplight - set to turn green. - Mount Pleasant and St. Clair.
As I went into first gear, the car revved like crazy, but wouldn't MOVE for a few seconds, - then did, - with great difficulty. - This happened over and over, from first gear to second, third to fourth, on and on. The car filled with the awful smell of burning oil. Managed to get to the doctor's office for my appointment, but....yep. - A THIRD call to....CAA!!!
Turned out, the transmission was alright, but the clutch?-not-so-much.
Had to leave the car overnight, take another Uber home, and the price for the fix? - $1350. - Clutch a mess after only having driven the Forester about 9,500 km. in two years. - Late the next afternoon, back to the dealership, paid up, drove off.
I DID - "SMILE for Candid Camera". - (Might placate Funt and finally get him off my case). - Though somehow, I doubt it.
in through that "comforting door", heading immediately to crash on the den couch and relax.
NOW do you believe where I truly reside, - and that Mr. Funt lives?
“This overwhelmed, tormented, sitting duck of The Stooges’ “Victim of Soi-cum-stance,” is slowly recovering from her bizarre visit to the disastrous, dangerous driveway of the Mississauga Laser Clinic - in – The Twilight Zone.